Red Lentil Hippy Soup
Even though it’s officially spring, it was freerezing in the Netherlands this week. And when it’s cold, it’s time for soup!
So if you are curious what’s in this hippy soup just scroll down.
It’s really an easy dish, don’t be fooled with the flowers. When they are not there it’s really just a simple but reallly delicious soup for the whole family.
- red lentil 400gr
- ghee or olive oil
- bay lief
- 800 ml vegetable stock
- coconut cream
- squeeze of lemon (you don’t want to skip this)
- salt & pepper
- sunflower seeds (roasted)
- coconut (grated)
- edible flowers (optional, well relly pretty 😉
1. Sauté the garlic and the onion on some ghee or olive oil.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients (except the coconut cream and lemon juice) Stir for a couple of minutes, then fill with approx 800 ml vegetable stock.
3. Cook for 20 min. Remove the bay lief, and blend the soup till it’s smooth.
4. Add the coconut cream, cook for 2 more minutes.
5. Finally, when the soup is ready, add a squeeze of lemon juice.
6. Ready to garnish with the toppings.